Antoine Elhajjar, M.D., MBA
Antoine Elhajjar, M.D., MBA
- Diplomat American Board of Neurology 2006
- Diplomat American Board of Sleep Medicine 2009
- Diplomat American Board of Vascular Neurology 2009
- Diplomat American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine 2008
- Medical Board of California 1992
- MBA University of California Riverside 2012
- Doctor in Medicine, Saint Joseph University Beirut, Lebanon 1989
- Fellow in Clinical Neurology, Cedars-Sinai 1997-1998
- Fellowship in Neurophysiology at UCLA, July 1997 to June1998.
- Resident in Neurology, from Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles and UCLA in July 1993 to June 1997.
- Internship in Neurology, from Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles and UCLA in July 1992 to June 1993.
- Founder and medical director of Desert Sleep Institute in Palm Desert, CA. November 2009 until July 2013. (http://www.desertsleepinstitute.com/)
- Founder of the Neuroscience Institute of the Desert, June 2007.
- Medical director of Desert Sleep Institute in Palm Desert, CA. October 2009-July 2013.
- Staff Neurologist at the Eisenhower Medical Center, Rancho Mirage, California, July 2005-currently.
- Staff neurologist at Desert Regional Medical center between April 2004-December 2007.
- Staff Neurologist at the “Hopital Sacre Coeur’, Baabda, Lebanon. November 1998-March 2004.
- Clinical instructor at the Lebanese University School of Medicine between July 2002 –June 2003.
- Board member of the Lebanese CNRS (Centre National de Recherche Scientifique). February 2002-march 2004. www.cnrs.edu.lb.
- Vice Chairman of the STIP-Task Force on Medical Science and Public Health committee. 2004 http://www.cnrs.edu.lb/stip/ExpertsContributorsEn.pdf
- Postdoctoral fellowship at UCLA, department of Neuroimmunology, Reed Building 1992-1993
- Rosenfeld, D. S., Elhajjar, A. J. (1998). Sleepsex: A variant of sleepwalking. Archives of Sexual Behavior, 27(3), 269-278.
- Pentoxifylline is not a promising treatment for multiple sclerosis in progression phase. NEUROLOGY 1998;51:1483-1486
- Principal Investigator-A 24 week, Prospective, Randomized, Parallel-Group, Double-blind, Multi-Center Study Comparing the Effects of xxxxx herbal product on Activities of Daily Living and Cognition in Patients with mild Dementia of the Alzheimer’s Type.
- Principal Investigator-A multicenter, randomized, double-blind, parallel-group, placebo-controlled study of the efficacy and safety of sustained-release xxxxx compared with placebo in the treatment of Alzheimer disease.
- Principal Investigator – A Phase III Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Outpatient, Safety and Efficacy Study of xxxxx in Adults with Parkinson disease.
- Sub Investigator- Investigator-A Multicentre, Parallel Group, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, dose ranging study of the efficacy and tolerability of xxxxx in the prophylaxis of migraine headaches.
- Sub-Investigator - A Phase III, Randomized, Multicenter, Open Label Study Evaluating the Toleration and Safety of 3 Days of Treatment with xxxxx (20 to 80mg daily) or xxxxx (up to 40mg daily) Followed by Four (4) Days of Treatment with xxxxx (40 to 200mg daily) or xxxxx in Subjects With a Diagnosis of Psychotic Disorder.
- English, Arabic & French